Covera is an InsurTech startup that automates the annual process of re-shopping for home and auto insurance. We are taking on the challenge of re-inventing an unloved product by leveraging technology, new ways of thinking, and alternative go-to-market strategies. We are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-directed and who have a thirst for continuous personal development.
What you can expect from Covera:
- A progressive & technology driven environment where team members are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of company tools, policies, processes and resources;
- Continuous and high quality personal development opportunities using a structure built on best practices;
- Encouragement and resources to contribute to the business and incentives to share in its success.
What you should not expect from Covera:
- An environment to coast by, work under the radar, and keep your head down - we will expect you to have a voice in the organization;
- An environment where there is strict division of labour - we are a startup, everyone is required to get their hands dirty when needed.
Web Developer (Reactjs)
To achieve our goals, we need our team to have a talented web Developer who can critically analyze complex business problems and deconstruct them into elegant programmatic solutions.
Our Web Developer will work in a collaborative environment with the other members of the development and brokerage teams to implement solutions.
Our Web Developer will work across the entire stack to:
- Be an expert in the capabilities of the Covera platform and become an expert in insurance brokering.
- Develop consumer and broker facing components of the platform, web and mobile applications written in Reactjs, deployed on Nodejs web servers.
- Develop learning aspects of the platform, using bots and natural language processing tools to provide the next generation of customer service applications.
- Develop knowledge of our backend platform, written in dotnet core, and eventually participate in the development of the backend.
What We Need:
We need our new team member to have:
- Excellent communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in a collaborative agile development environment delivering mobile first, web based software solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Reactjs and Styled Components.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Redux, Redux-Saga, Fetch, Express and Nodejs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Webpack, Babel and ES6.
- Knowledge of relational database modelling and cloud hosting techniques would be an asset.
What we offer
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a funded, early-stage startup set to compete in a massive and lucrative industry.
- Competitive salaries.
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Covera.
- A real and honest commitment towards challenging and developing our people.
- Fantastic loft offices in the heart of Montreal’s St. Henri neighborhood.