Covera is an InsurTech Startup that automates the annual process of re-shopping for home and auto insurance. We are taking on the challenge of re-inventing an unloved product by leveraging technology, new ways of thinking and alternative go-to-market strategies. We are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-directed and who have a thirst for continuous personal development.
What you can expect from Covera:
- A progressive & technology driven environment where team members are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of company tools, policies, processes and resources;
- Continuous and high quality personal development opportunities using a structure built on best practices;
- Encouragement and resources to contribute to the business and incentives to share in its success.
What you should not expect from Covera:
- An environment to coast by, work under the radar, and keep your head down - we will expect you to have a voice in the organization;
- An environment where there is strict division of labour - we are a Startup, everyone is required to get their hands dirty when needed.
Senior Full Stack Web Developer
To achieve our goals, we are looking to add an additional talented senior full stack web developer who can critically analyze complex business problems and deconstruct them into elegant programmatic solutions.
You will be working in an agile and collaborative environment with the other members of the development and brokerage teams to implement solutions.
You will work across the entire stack to:
- Be an expert in the capabilities of the Covera platform and become an expert in insurance brokering.
- Develop consumer and broker facing components of the platform, responsive PWAs written in React.
- Develop our backend platform, written in .Net Core.
- Develop learning aspects of the platform, using machine learning tools to build the next generation insurance platform.
What We Need:
We need our new team member to have:
- Superior C# development skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in a collaborative agile development environment delivering mobile first, web based software solutions.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge of React, Redux, Redux-Saga and Styled Components.
- Demonstrable knowledge of C#, .Net Core, Web API, EF Core.
- Experience configuring cloud environments and test automation technologies a significant plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a funded, early-stage Startup set to compete in a massive and lucrative industry.
- Fantastic loft offices in the heart of Montreal’s St. Henri neighborhood.
- Competitive salaries.
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Covera.
- A real and honest commitment towards challenging and developing our people.