Covera is an InsurTech startup that automates the annual process of re-shopping for home and auto insurance. We are taking on the challenge of re-inventing an unloved product by leveraging technology, new ways of thinking, and alternative go-to-market strategies. We are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-directed and who have a thirst for continuous personal development.
What you can expect from Covera:
- A progressive & technology driven environment where team members are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of company tools, policies, processes and resources;
- Continuous and high quality personal development opportunities using a structure built on best practices;
- Encouragement and resources to contribute to the business and incentives to share in its success.
What you should not expect from Covera:
- An environment to coast by, work under the radar, and keep your head down - we will expect you to have a voice in the organization;
- An environment where there is strict division of labour - we are a startup, everyone is required to get their hands dirty when needed.
To achieve our goals, we need our team to have a talented systems analyst who can critically analyze complex business problems and deconstruct them into elegant solutions.
Daily, our systems analyst will work in a collaborative environment with the other members of the technology and brokerage departments to implement solutions.
Our systems analyst will work across the entire platform to:
- Be an expert in the capabilities of the Covera platform and become an expert in insurance brokering.
- Work with the business, product leaders and 3rd party providers to understand business processes and propose innovative solutions to be implemented into the platform.
- Participate in collaborative design and review sessions with the business and development teams to elaborate on and stress test proposed solutions.
- Participate in managing the product backlog for the development team.
- Prepare detailed business logic specifications and domain models to enable the development team to implement the proposed solution.
- Participate in testing newly implemented features in the platform.
- Participate in user focus group sessions to understand feedback from end users and propose changes to add new features based on user feedback.
What We Need:
We need our new team member to have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- A Computer Science, Information Systems degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in a collaborative agile development environment delivering mobile first, web based software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience eliciting and documenting user feedback and requirements.
- Demonstrable experience documenting specifications and use cases to describe new features in detail.
- Knowledge of domain modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of agile processes, documenting and elaborating user stories and bugs so they are ready to be worked on.
What we offer
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a funded, early-stage startup set to compete in a massive and lucrative industry;
- Competitive salaries;
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Covera;
- A real and honest commitment towards challenging and developing our people;
- Fantastic loft offices in the heart of Montreal’s St. Henri neighborhood;