Covera is an InsurTech startup that automates the annual process of re-shopping for home and auto insurance. We are taking on the challenge of re-inventing an unloved product by leveraging technology, new ways of thinking, and alternative go-to-market strategies. We are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-directed and who have a thirst for continuous personal development.
What you can expect from Covera:
- A progressive & technology driven environment where team members are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of company tools, policies, processes and resources;
- Continuous and high quality personal development opportunities using a structure built on best practices;
- Encouragement and resources to contribute to the business and incentives to share in its success.
What you should not expect from Covera:
- An environment to coast by, work under the radar, and keep your head down - we will expect you to have a voice in the organization;
- An environment where there is strict division of labour - we are a startup, everyone is required to get their hands dirty when needed.
UI/UX Designer (Senior)
To achieve our goals, we need our team to have a talented Senior UI/UX Designer who puts the customer first to create a unique and intuitive experience.
Our Senior Designer will work in a collaborative environment with our brokers, marketing and product team to conceive user flows and interfaces.
Our new team member be a key contributor in all stages of the development of our product, most notably:
- Researching how our users experience insurance throughout their lives.
- Design new features and improve existing features of our platform, providing industry leading user experience for our customers and internal teams.
- Own brand and design libraries to streamline our communication and design process.
- Develop knowledge of motion animation and high fidelity prototyping to enhance our user interface and design process.
What we need
- Excellent communication, collaboration and creative thinking skills.
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects.
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other related area.
- 4+ years of experience in a collaborative user focused design environment delivering mobile first, responsive design solutions.
- Proven experience in building a Brand identity ranging from the typography to a component library.
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining a style guide that simplifies our UI creation process.
- Proven experience in interviewing customers asking the right questions to gather the right feedback.
- Proven experience in analyzing trending user interface designs to inspire the visual components of Covera.
What we offer
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a funded, early-stage startup set to compete in a massive and lucrative industry.
- Competitive salaries.
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Covera.
- A real and honest commitment towards challenging and developing our people.
- Fantastic loft offices in the heart of Montreal’s St. Henri neighborhood.
- Please submit a brief cover letter telling us who your favorite creator is (artist, performer, social media star, writer, photographer, chef, architect, DJ, songwriter etc.). Feel free to submit your letter in French or English.
- Please provide a CV including links to any of your public social media accounts, blogs, or other collateral that you think accurately showcases your voice.
- Please submit a link or pdf of your UI/UX Portfolio.
Note: Did you know that Men tend to apply for jobs when they meet 60% of qualifications, but women will apply only if they meet 100% of the stated requirements? We believe in diversity. Applicants from all genders, ethnicities, religious and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.