Covera is an InsurTech startup that automates the annual process of re-shopping for home and auto insurance. We are taking on the challenge of re-inventing an unloved product by leveraging technology, new ways of thinking, and alternative go-to-market strategies. We are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-directed and who have a thirst for continuous personal development.
What you can expect from Covera:
- A progressive & technology driven environment where team members are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of company tools, policies, processes and resources;
- Continuous and high quality personal development opportunities using a structure built on best practices;
- Encouragement and resources to contribute to the business and incentives to share in its success.
What you should not expect from Covera:
- An environment to coast by, work under the radar, and keep your head down - we will expect you to have a voice in the organization;
- An environment where there is strict division of labour - we are a startup, everyone is required to get their hands dirty when needed.
Quality Assurance Analyst
To achieve our goals, we need our team to have a talented quality assurance analyst who can critically interpret system specifications and user stories to determine and execute strategies to ensure the correct behaviour of our systems.
Daily, our quality assurance analyst will work in a collaborative environment with the other members of the technology and brokerage departments to implement solutions.
Our quality assurance analyst will work across the entire platform to:
- Be the quality champion for our platform, we always strive for the highest levels of quality and performance.
- Be an expert in the capabilities of the Covera platform and become an expert in insurance brokering.
- Work with the business, systems analysts and product leaders to understand system behaviour and expected outcomes.
- Prepare detailed test strategies and plans, leading review sessions of test strategies.
- Perform manual testing of enhancements and bug fixes.
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts to ensure the correct behaviour of our systems on an ongoing basis.
What We Need:
We need our new team member to have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- A Computer Science, Information Systems degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in a collaborative agile development environment delivering mobile first, web based software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience creating, documenting and maintaining test strategies and test plans.
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining automated test suites. Experience implementing automated test suites with Selenium or an equivalent platform.
What we offer
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a funded, early-stage startup set to compete in a massive and lucrative industry;
- Competitive salaries;
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Covera;
- A real and honest commitment towards challenging and developing our people;
- Fantastic loft offices in the heart of Montreal’s St. Henri neighborhood;